A Normal Day In Substance Or Alcohol Therapy
The beginning of your road to a fulfilled and healthy life is the decision to go for a rehab from your alcohol or drug addiction. A usual day in a treatment can be planned and we can help you.
If you're thinking about going into treatment, you're probably curious about what a standard day is like.
Residential inpatient rehabs are very organized and systemized; most have the same activities and therapies. This provides a supportive, safe place to heal and recover and minimizes worry and anxiety among residents. Relying on the setting and facilities provided, daily actions may differ.
You must stick to the regular treatment plan, although there are different options for you.
A good example of what a normal day in rehab would look like includes
Early Morning Meetings And A Nutritious Breakfast
You can expect to wake up early in the morning for a healthy meal since sleeping in is regarded as a wrong way of starting the day in rehab.
To start your day relaxed some treatment centres have meditation, yoga or some other morning class.
Treatment and recovery focuses in part on learning new, better habits that will become part of a regular routine once inpatient treatment is completed.
Usually, there will be a group meeting led by a physician or counsellor after the breakfast, in which subjects connected to the rehab process, the 12-step procedure, addiction and recovery will be discussed. A crucial focus at the time of therapy is through attaining clarity concerning the events, individuals and environments in your life that have led to the urge to misuse substances or alcohol.
Through attending daily meetings in a safe, therapeutic space, you'll start to understand changeable patterns of behaviour or avoidable triggers to avoid once you leave treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Afternoons Including Daily Therapy
The most in-depth therapy is reserved for the afternoons. You can start the recovery activities when you are through with your lunch.
Usually, these are
- Helping the patients to change their habits as a way of helping them overcome their addiction.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is one of the best ways applied in dependence therapy bases.
- CBT aims to modify the way you respond to various triggers.
- Once these triggers are known, the therapist then helps you learn the better alternative responses to these triggers instead of turning to the substance abused.
- You can discuss your worries and fears in the secure surroundings of individual therapy sessions and the counsellor will help you develop modified behavioural reactions to these anxiety triggers.
- Group therapy
- Involvement in group sessions offers a particular comradeship, as every member has witnessed the battles of dependence.
- It can help with emotional healing to hear other participants share their unique stories with each other.
- Trust grows amongst each of the members with continued openness and participation in these group sessions and compassion and understanding for each situation comes along with it.
- Private Sessions
- Some treatment centres provide unique or special therapies.
- These often try to provide you with coping methods for your specific issues through grief therapy, stress therapy or anger management in order to help you enhance your capability to avoid using alcohol or drugs and to deal with these issues in a controlled fashion.
- Therapy Sessions Including The Family
- Most drug treatment centres will offer family therapy in their programs because familial support is essential for recovery.
- Hatred, excessive anger, and other symptoms of dependence on drugs and alcohol may result from the effect of the problem on the family.
- During the family therapy sessions, these issues and feelings are dealt with and resolved in order to provide a conducive setting for continued recovery.
- Family inclusion has a great impact in future encouragement for the addicts when they leave rehab since it is integral to the drug or alcohol abuse rehab program and its long-term prosperity.
Besides treatment, therapy may as well play host to speakers who discuss their own past, giving occupants a thought of positive hope concerning their own future. Speakers sometimes offer motivational speeches to lift up the patient's spirit while other go deeper in addressing issues such as how one would be able to rebuild their career once they are discharged from the centre.
Other substance and alcohol therapy bases possess several additional treatments present, giving extra of a range of choices.
Alternative form of therapy include but are not limited to
- Using music and other related activities for healing
- Movement therapy
- Exercise classes
- Equine therapy
Spare Time In Rehabilitation
In the afternoon there are commonly a few hours which patients can spend the way they like as their free time.
Some activities to choose from might be soccer, volleyball, basketball, pool, or ping pong; some centres may even have a swimming pool.
Residents can also opt to spend their free time reading or journaling, while others choose prayer or meditation.
Evenings Consisting Of 12 Point Meetings
After dinner, there may be a second squad sitting. More often, the 12-step program is available in the evening and it is highly advisable to take it. As a means to help with long term sobriety, these meeting are set in an anonymous, safe and comfortable setting to allow for oneness and fellowship to develop.
Because they are helped to change their behaviour, they must sleep as early as possible. By having enough sleep, most clients are able to maintain concentration levels at an optimum as well as have energy for the task ahead of each day so they can participate fully.
Get Rehabilitated Immediately
Now that you're familiar with what you can expect from a typical day, it's time to start your recovery by finding the perfect facility. Allow us to help you in your search for the perfect rehab facility, talk with our treatment expert on 0800 246 1509.