Defining Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies have become an important part of the battle to stay clean since they've encouraged many people to live healthier lives by changing their lifestyles.
Holistic therapy of drug addiction includes nonmedicinal techniques aimed at complementing traditional medical approaches. Holistic methods helps bring the body, mind and spirit into balance.
Checking the diet and regular exercises with reflections are used to achieve the positive effects of holistic therapy.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Holistic methods can include
- Tai chi
- Religious approach
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
Techniques customized to fit each client is used in this form of treatment. The objective of the therapy is to have holistic therapists treat the physical and the symptoms of mental addiction along with any emotional and nutritional imbalances, which may be present.
Patients recovering from addiction may experience sleeplessness, poor nutrition and stressful feelings - all those aspects successfully overcome with the help of holistic therapy. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Some of the primary objectives of holistic therapy include the following
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Strengthening the resistance to cravings
- Help the recovering user to be physically fit
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Some Of The Practices Used In Holistic Treatment
Holistic therapy combines various aspects of robust living and also includes exercise and meditation.
Some of the main therapies include
- Therapy For Nutrition
- Successful recovery is much easier if a person has a healthy body.
- Tangible healing can be provided to recovering addicts by focusing on proper nutrition.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- The addict body need to always be in shape if they are to recover effectively.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- The mind can also be relaxed when a person take part in karate and such kinds of activities.
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage is frequently applied within holistic approach to treatment, because it helps get rid of stress and tranquilize the body.
- Acupuncture is also used in restoring the body of a long-time addict.
The combination of the known addiction recovery techniques with holistic therapy is usually 100% effective in treatment of any kind of addiction. Medical supervision often becomes a necessity when looking forward to managing withdrawal symptoms from quitting alcohol and other central nervous system [CNS] depressants.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Medically assisted detox
- Comprehensive medical care
- Personal psychological support
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. Holistic therapy is not a medical treatment and seeks to help the patient balance all areas of life; this works well with other treatment plans for addictions. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. If an addict knows how to overcome psychological problems, he has better chances for final recovery without further return to drugs.
When these factors are combined with a medically supervised detox and mental health counselling therapies of the holistic nature can be helpful in treating addictions regardless of the severity levels. There are many treatment facilities all over the nation offering individualized treatment plans.
Welcome to call us on 0800 246 1509 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.