Learning Of Experimential Therapy
Other individuals dependent who are recuperating sense uneasiness when dealing with their issues under classic rehabilitation environment. Experimential therapy takes fixation treatment into the workmanship studio, the outside and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
Experimential Therapy involves getting recovering drug users to engage in activities that can help them to deal with traumatic events in their pasts.
Other recuperating users could feel uneasy speaking to counsellors in a customary therapy environment. It is the objective of experimential therapies to provide recovering addicts the environments in which they are comfortable and these could include the outdoors, an art studio or a music studio.
Recovering addicts may have feelings or memories that are repressed and experimential therapy attempts to bring these to the fore in unconventional treatment settings.
Some of the Common Experimential Therapies Include the Following
- High or low elements courses
- Music based therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Adventure therapy
The purpose of this therapy is to encourage patients to deal with emotions that may have been buried by helping them to develop a stronger connection with their inner selves. Through experimential therapy, a recouping someone who is addicted can figure out how to confront these issues without swinging to drugs for an escape.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Experimential Therapy Utilised For Addiction Treatment
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. The recovering addicts we get an opportunity to learn to cope with everyday stressors such as cravings and substance abuse triggers with the help of experimential therapy.
The disturbances that trigger the addictions are also treated by experimential therapy. A setback is less likely when the addiction and the psychological triggers are treated at the same time.
Experimential Therapy Approaches
In order to work on the unique issues of each addict, the experimential therapy uses specific activities to treat them.
It may be easier for the therapist to evaluate the patient accurately during experimential therapy since they may be less guarded at this point.
Co-happening mental disarranged experimential therapy treats include
- Feelings of despair
- Anxiety attacks
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Other Treatments With Experimential Therapy
When combined with psychotherapies such as Motivational Enhancement Therapy, experimential therapy can be effective in helping patients to change self destructive habits. These exercises permit recuperating addicts to apply the life aptitudes they're educated amid psychotherapy sessions in pragmatic, hands-on situations.
A proper medical detox is the first step at the moment of quitting any drug, to prevent the hard symptoms of this process. When going through detox there are the alternatives to inpatient and outpatient treatments to make easier this whole process. Thereafter several therapies can be utilised in conjunction with experimential therapy in order to provide proper treatment for the individual through the recovery process.
To ensure recovering addicts have a treatment program that is balanced, experimential therapy is normally applied together with conventional treatment methods.
Experimential Therapy Methods Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Utilising horses is a part of EAP or Equine Assisted Psychotherapy throughout the healing recuperation activities.
- Patients won't ride steeds, yet they will prep, nourish, bridle and walk them all through the session.
- The different methods used by recovering addicts when interacting with the horses can provide insights about their mental and emotional states.
- Identifying and dealing with the damaging emotions that the addicts many not even know they have is what Equine-assisted psychotherapy aid to do to the addicts.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- The process of EMDR involves going through certain eye movements guided by a therapist while one visualizes an event in their past that caused them some trauma.
- EMDR was verified successful in aiding individuals in healing reduce unpleasant sentiments and sense of suffering that could end up in drug dependency.
- Adventure Therapy
- This treatment comprises of exercises in open areas like trekking, cycling, mountaineering, setting up camp, and rafting in wild waters.
- Sports like hiking, climbing and water rafting are practiced in groups so the adventure therapy helps the patients to learn social skills like communication, teamwork and responsibility so they can get better from their traumas.
- Art Therapy
- Music and art allow the addicts to show their thoughts and feelings so they can heal, this is how art therapy works.
- By making craftsmanship, patients can work through distressful and negative feelings and process them in a sound way.
Acquire The Full Cure You Are Entitled To
If you're dealing with the problem of substance abuse give us a call to find out more about an addiction treatment program. Experimential therapies such as climbing, use of art and obstacle courses can now be found in certain drug treatment centres. Treatment centres throughout the country have the resources both medical and therapeutic which you need to overcome drug addiction call us on 0800 246 1509.