College Pupils And Drug Overuse
Common problems on college campuses which are noticed are binge drinking, prescription and recreational drug abuse that is popular.
A national report shows that a huge number of abusers are college students.
Dependence is a plague that affects people that fit into the age range that goes from 18 to 24.
Many students experience social anxiety when they enter college. The temptation to consume alcohol is strong primarily because students overwhelmingly believe that alcohol makes it easier for them to socialise. These addiction usually comes gradually when the continue drinking.
There is also a very small chance for the people that are not in these institutions to use drugs as compared to those studying there.
Reasons For Drug Abuse In Colleges
There are many reasons why so many college students become addicted to drugs and alcohol
- For students dealing with the stress of coursework, part time jobs, internships and the likes many students turn to drugs as a coping mechanism.
- Course Work
- The pressure to complete their assignments within the due dates leads more students to begin taking stimulants such as Adderall, which can help them to stay awake late at night for the studies.
- Most of these substances tend to be found with no proper prescription.
- Students tend to experiment whilst in college, exploring new aspects of both their personal and professional lives.
- Many students start using drugs to satisfy their curiosity about these things.
- Group/Social/Peer Pressure
- Sometimes a student may start indulging in alcoholism just because some of their friends are doing so.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Prevalence Of Diet Pills And Eating Disorders In Campus
Eating disorders are highly common among college students who are considered to be at an elevated risk in the development of such problems.
As a matter of data suggests that one in every four students have an eating disorder. It has increasingly been observed that this statistic is substantially growing among students in the last couple of years. In order to cut down weight, many college pupils opt for diet tablets overuse. Death and other health complications can occur because of this. Learn about diet pill abuse and eating disorders in college students.
Selected Drugs On College Campuses
College students are known to use almost every kind of drug.
College pupils take some drugs are taken more than others. Some of them are
- Alcohol is attributed to most cases of campus troubles that are related to substance use.
- The society accepts drinking as part of life and that's why recognizing a drinking problem in someone is difficult.
- On the other hand, Adderall also popularly known as the study drug, it is the choice prescription drug for staying awake among students.
- Legislation is presently in favour of Marijuana legalisation and many college students have begun focusing on pot as their favoured choice of drug.
- There are campuses in which the number one abused substance among students is Marijuana, not alcohol.
- Ecstasy which became popular during the 90s is presently making a resurgence during the past few years in its pure form and is known as MDMA or Molly.
- It is relatively accessible among college students as a party drug, and they are more likely to use this drug as they fall under the target age range for this drug abuse.
- One of the most common party drugs is MDMA.
Alcohol Effects On College Students
No other drug is more commonly abused by college students than alcohol. Consuming alcohol is synonymous with the experience in college and alcohol is always present during house parties, sporting events and student get-togethers.
It is observed that the average college students consume more alcohol that their out of school counterparts which can be attributed to the culture and widespread use in campuses.
Survey reveals that a staggering 80% of college students drink alcohol.
According to National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, almost half of the 80% are binging. Unmoderated alcohol drinking is not only detrimental to the drinker but also to other people in terms of troubles and violence it causes. Get more info about heavy drinking and the symptoms of booze on college campuses.
Fraternity And Sorority Drug And Alcohol Abuse
The idea of family relationship fostered in fraternities and sorority groups is somewhat negated with the increasing alcohol and drug culture that are common among them.
Adderall is one of the drugs that the students in these systems take more.
Getting Help For Drug Or Alcohol Dependency
Help is closer than you think in case you are unable to come out of your drinking problem, drug abuse, or eating disorder. You will have support from expert guarantors that our dependence professionals will find for you. Do not delay your contact with us on 0800 246 1509 to understand how you can take your life back from substance abuse or addiction.