FAQs Regarding Addiction Rehabilitation
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
Your recovery will be that much smoother if you understand what a rehabilitation treatment centre is all about, what goes on during treatment, how long it takes and how much the whole programme will cost you.
Defining An Addiction Treatment Facility
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Happens In Rehab?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. Usually, it will involve a combination of medical detox, group and individual therapy, relapse education and prevention, and planning follow up care before completing the program in order to maintain sobriety.
- Detoxification Detox is one of the most essential preliminary parts of the addiction rehab for many. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Detoxing varies greatly depending on the type of drug and frequency it was used, but many withdrawal symptoms can be unpleasant and possibly dangerous. The correct treatment in a medically supervised detoxification programme can ease the pain and risks linked with the process of detoxification.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Follow Up Care When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. Usually, this includes a combination of support groups and continuing individual therapy with sober living arrangements if they are needed.
What Is The Time Required For Recovery?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. Numerous rehabilitation centres offer 30-day programs. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. Longer programs allow the patient to focus on the underlying issues of the addiction and more time to develop coping skills to live a sober life.
Does Rehabilitation Cure Dependency?
While there is no real cure for addiction, it can be managed effectively. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Recovery is a continuing process for the rest of one's life. Management of addiction knows how to live a full life while avoiding the substance and it takes determination and a lot of hard work.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
People are taught the best means of overcoming the desire to use drugs and to defeat the urge to relapse even when it is very huge at the rehabs. Patients also learn skills to equip them for daily life without the drugs and how to relate to individuals or circumstances that had an impact or made it possible for the substance intake to start.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. A few people find extra activities to be crucial in supporting their continuous recovery. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
When I Relapse - What Happens?
A relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but should rather be viewed as a hindrance on your continuous journey to a drug-free life. Relapse may put one back on track, enabling them to re-enter the programme and seek the support they need to remain sober.
Many recovering addicts find themselves entering rehab more than once before they can stand firm and continue on the recovery journey. Rehab provides and equips the addict with tools necessary to overcome addiction and remain sober, but, the individual is the only one who can control their addiction.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. There are high end, luxury programs that charge extra for special services and amenities and possible increase staff to patient ratios.
An inpatient centre tends to ask more money than an outpatient treatment programme since it offers patients accommodation, meals, therapy, as well as activities. Outpatient treatment programmes differ in what they offer - including very structured, in-depth outpatient programmes, weekly group and one-on-one counselling sessions, and support group meetings at no charge.
Countless factors can influence a rehab's cost, such as
- Amenities provided - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- Duration of Programme - The cost related with a treatment program is essentially dictated by the duration of the stay. During the intake, a counsellor will explain the duration suggested for your best chance at long-lasting recovery.
- Location - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. If the facility is far from home, travel expenses will also need to be considered.
- Kind of programme - Residential rehab programmes involve the patient living at the facility for the duration of the treatment under the care of medical staff round the clock, this, of course, costs more.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." The costs of addiction are many
- The substance's cost
- Time off work or loss of job
- Legal fines and fees
- Medical bills for physical or mental health issues that may come up because of addiction
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. Despite that, agreeableness of protection will differ as indicated by the specific facility. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
If your insurance program does not take care of the expense of recovery, you can talk about other instalment choices with the centre you pick. Some other financial plans and sliding scale payment systems that reduce the burden of one-off payments may be offered by the program or facility.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
Most people seem to favour rehab facilities away from their home environment. The advantage here is that users are taken away from that particular environment where drug and alcohol abuse happen, which is their home.
In such a decidedly separate setting, the individuals who attend rehabilitation can completely concentrate on their dependency problems, free of any external diversions/ temptations from the workplace or loved ones.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient offices vary from outpatient offices in various courses from costs included and force of treatment to the general environment plus supportive structure all through the recuperation procedure.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
The rehab centres that deliver 24-hour care from medical experts are called inpatient facilities. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both sorts of inpatient offices oblige patients to inhabit the facility.
Inpatient treatment is the most immersive type of treatment, permitting patients to completely concentrate on their compulsion and recuperation with 24-hour care. Most of the patients have a better chance of overcoming addiction because they are quarantined from the stress of their normal day to day activities.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. For those who had tried to stop before and failed, whether inpatient or outpatient and those who have relapsed to using would do well at a residential rehab.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
Addicted patients visit the treatment facility for treatment, counselling, therapy and return home after every session. This lets people continue to have their normal home, work, or school life while working on their sobriety. Such a centre tends to be a great solution for people with fairly less serious or short-term dependencies, not as much time, or obligations at home/work that can't be ignored.
Outpatient programmes can differ. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Outpatient care is generally not as expensive as inpatient care since there are not as many facilities and staff offer direct care for fewer hours. There is no need for patients to pay for the 24 hour care because they can get home after treatment each day. Several insurance plans might pay for a part or even all of the cost.
Contact us right away at 0800 246 1509 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. We have rehab placement experts who will respond to any queries you may have as you decide on the best addiction treatment facility to commit to for your addiction treatment.
Do I Risk Losing My Job When I Attend Addiction Treatment?
While you may encounter some dread of losing your employment in the event that you go to recovery, you may, truth be told, probably lose your occupation if you don't get assistance. When you're battling with a drug abuse issue, the possibility exists that your employer already thinks it probable that you have an addiction. Continued substance abuse and not seeking help will eventually catch up with you as the addiction affects the way you work and sooner rather than later it cannot be hidden.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. Options available
- Employee Assistance Program An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an intentional program through your manager, which gives classified evaluations, limited advising and referrals to treatment at no cost to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act If a medical condition interferes with the way you work, some employers will allow the employee to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave without affecting the health insurance under cover of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehabs If you have a lot of work demands and have to stay actively involved in your job, executive rehab centres can help you stay involved at work while attending an inpatient rehab in a luxurious, 24 hour care facility.
- Outpatient Treatment Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. However, there are lots of 24-hour residential treatment programs that offer concentrated care, and they are more appropriate for those suffering chronic addictions and relapse issues.
In general, there are countless different manners to receive assistance as an employee, and looking for treatment for addiction will at all times be better for your career, your health, and your life overall in the long term.
What About Luxury Treatment?
Luxury rehabilitations involve treatments at top notch rehab facilities and in a more comfortable environment. To ensure the highest level of privacy for patients, these rehabs are situated in secluded locations. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
High state officials, big names plus other public figures regularly pick luxury rehabilitation for the elite pleasantries, confidentiality and the probability that they will be among their companions, yet anybody may go to these sorts of programs if the expenses can be secured through insurance, out-of-pocket instalments or a blend thereof.
How Can I Locate An Addiction Rehabilitation Programme?
Figuring out which rehab is best for you can be an overwhelming process but there is help available to get you the answers you need. You can contact our rehab placement agents on 0800 246 1509 if you are confused about the appropriate rehab treatment for you or your relative.